India At A Glance
- 2nd largest country population-wise.
- 3rd largest economy in terms of Purchasing Power Parity, behind USA and China.
- 7th largest country area-wise.
- Biggest democracy in the world.
- 25 official languages and over 61 spoken languages.
- Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Sikhism, Buddhism and Jainism are main religions.
- Steady growth rate of about 7-8% for last decade.
- Diverse Geographical terrains: Himalayas, Worlds highest motorable road in Leh, Thar Dessert, beautiful beaches along long coastline, tea plantations in Assam, Coffee plantations in Nilgiris, Sunderbans in Bengal, Corel Reefs in Lakshwadeep, Lagoons in Kerala, many Forest reserves spreads across the country ... with all this India is an ideal tourist destination.